Bowling Music Studios, Inc. Studio Policy 2019-2020
Welcome to Bowling Music Studios! I am so happy to have you as part of our musical family. Below is a list of expectations for students and parents. My life-long mission (nearly 40 years!) is to provide the highest quality music instruction to you and your family.
- Tuition is due the first lesson of every month for private instruction and complete payment for the quarter (12-14 week sessions) the first week of class piano. The studio will provide a statement that includes tuition, books, and payments made in past months. All forms of payment accepted. Please contact studio for exact tuition costs. (Not published on internet)
- No refunds for missed private lessons or class piano sessions are available. I do not offer make-up lessons. In the event of a missed lesson, please email me as soon in advance as possible. I keep a list of students that have missed and try to offer them any openings in the schedule I have in the week. If I cancel a lesson due to illness or some unforeseen circumstance, you will not be billed for that lesson. This will show on your next month’s statement.
- Please notify me if you are discontinuing lessons two weeks in advance.
- Parents of private students 18 years old and younger are expected to attend at least 50% of the lessons. Parents of class piano students are not permitted to sit in on classes but are requested to come in to class 5 minutes before the end for a summary. I am always available by email or phone. 360-990-5302
- Students are never allowed to wait for parents down by the road on Chico Way. It is a busy and dangerous road. I am responsible for your child’s safety and will not release the child until I know you are here. Please be extremely careful pulling in and out of the driveways!
- If you arrive early, please wait quietly out of respect for your fellow students and their parents. Parents, please refrain from talking during your child’s lesson (on the phone, etc.) as it is very distracting to the student, and to me.
- All students must notify me in advance to obtain permission for piano performances, competitions, auditions, masterclasses, etc. Proper preparation and readiness will be determined by Dr. Bowling.
- If your child has a fever, coughing, sneezing, etc., please keep him/her at home. One lesson is not worth getting several children sick!
And finally, if you have any questions, complaints, or comments, please speak with me. I am available for conferences and phone calls and will be happy to meet with you and your child at our mutual convenience.