Highlights from the 2021-2022 school year include:
Bremerton Symphony Competition
Senior Division 1st place: Senior runner up
Junior Division 1st place: Junior runner-up
Kitsap Music Teacher’s Association
Elementary Level: 1st place and honorable mention
Junior Level: 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place
H.M./ H.S. Level: 1st and two H.M./ Senior Level, 1st place and three H.M./ State Representatives: both chosen from studio to represent Kitsap County.
Two Studio students performed with Bremerton Symphony Orchestra in the “Carnival of the Animals” by Saint-Saëns.
Two students chosen to play Rachmaninoff Concerto No. 2 and “La Campanella” by Liszt at Bremerton Performing Arts Center.
Several students from studio chosen to perform in “Rising Stars Concert” June 5.
60 Students performing on June 12 for the 41st Annual Recital.
Events students participated in during the 2019-2020 school year:
- November 10 One student from Bowling Studios competes in the Senior Division of MTNA Performance Competition-Spokane, WA (14 students from around the state)
- November 16 Nineteen students from studio perform in the Kitsap Young Musician’s Festival
- December 1 Four students compete in Russian Piano Competition Seattle (all receive prizes)
- December 15 39th Annual Christmas Concert held at Olympic College, Bremerton — 81 students perform!
- February 22-23 25 students participate in the Music Artistry Program through KMTA.
- March 8 Eight students performed piano concerti in the studio. Dr. Bowling was the accompanist.
- March 14 Kitsap Music Teacher’s Association Performance Competitions, Poulsbo. Sixteen students from the studio competed. Bowling students won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes in the Senior, High School, and Junior categories including receiving most honorable mentions and 2nd prize in elementary division. KMTA State representatives and alternates for the WSMTA convention were all from the studio.
- March 14 Bremerton West Sound Young Artist’s Competition Twelve students competed. 4 were chosen for the “Rising Stars” virtual concert. 1 won the concerto division and is scheduled to play in September with the orchestra.
- March 16 All lessons for the studio go on-line due to Covid-19.
- March 23-27 Seattle Young Artists Music Festival. Many were registered to participate but it was cancelled due to Covid-19.
- May 7 Senior recital on-line of Owen Espinosa. Recipient of $1500.00 Lois Whitner Memorial Study Grant through WSMTA and awarded a $200,000.00 four year piano performance scholarship to Biola University in California beginning fall of 2020.
- June 14 Bowling Music Studios 39th Annual Spring Recital performed for the first time as a “virtual” recital on-line. 53 students participated.